Nela's Art Studio
Nela V. Steric, Visual Artist/Creativity Coach
All My Students,
All My Classrooms
NELA V. STERIC,
web site: www.teachergallery.com
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
Over twenty years of proficient experience teaching Studio Art and Art History to students of all ages. Provide practical skills, theory, and history of art; educating students in
aspects such as painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, and ceramics. Strong knowledge of theory and techniques required for releasing the creativity in my students.
Art design, teaching, and instruction for individuals and group classes.
Excellent knowledge of the principles and methods for curriculum mapping and training programs.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
European studio art techniques and history - Student motivation - Curriculum mapping - Experienced artist - Extensive exhibition history - Resourceful and creative - Professionally trained
California Clear Single Subject Teaching Credential Mt. St. Mary’s College, Los Angeles, CA
Master of Arts in Art Education California State University Northridge, Northridge CA; 2009
Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts Academy of Fine Arts, Novi Sad, former Yugoslavia; 1993
Technician of Graphic Design High School of Design, Novi Sad, former Yugoslavia; 1989
Chaminade College Preparatory, West Hills CA
08/2003 – Current
Art Teacher Design and present exciting lessons to inspire and educate student for grades 9-12 in subjects of Studio Art and Drawing and Design for Art Graphics.
Working with faculty I have successfully integrated curriculum mapping to connect art with other subjects.
Nela’s Art Studio, Thousand Oaks CA
03/1996 - Current
Private Art Teacher After-school art enrichment program for students of all ages. Work one-on-one and in group settings offering private art tuition in all areas of studio art.
Learning Tree University, Chatsworth CA
09/-2002 – 05/2003
Lecturer Instructor of History of Interior Design and Decoration, Multi Media Art, Trompe L’ Oil Technique, Mosaic, Collage, and Oil Painting.
Instructor for adults experienced in the field, interior designers, and decorators pursuing Professional Certification Programs offered by nationally accredited university.
Absolutely Art, Calabasas CA
05/2002 - 08/2002
Art Teacher After-school enrichment program in public schools.
The Art Den, Thousand Oaks CA
02/2001 – 05/2002
Art Teacher Full-time teacher and assistant for over 100 students, children, and adults. Working with children and adults of all levels, using art as therapy and stress reliever.
Karlovacka Gimnazija, (High School), former Yugoslavia
01/1993 – 12/1996 Art Teacher Art and Art History
PERSONAL DETAILS Born in the former Yugoslavia; Widowed, 1 Son (20); Naturalized US Citizen 2002
Several group exhibitions in Novi Sad and Belgrade, former Yugoslavia.
Solo exhibition “Drawings” at Culture Center in Novi Sad, former Yugoslavia.
Group exhibition II Karlovacki Salon Mladih,” Palace Stefaneum, Sremski Karlovci, former Yugoslavia.
21st Salon of Sremska Mitrovica, at the Lazar Vozarevic Gallery, Sr. Mitrovica, former Yugoslavia.
Karlovacki Salon Mladih III, The Stefaneum Pallace, Sremski Karlovci, former Yugoslavia.
Member of the Westlake Village Art Guild, Westlake Village CA.
Member of Thousand Oaks Art Association.
Local group exhibitions at Thousand Oaks Community Gallery CA (March, November, December).
Solo exhibition and many local group exhibitions at Mayor Frank Shillo’s office in Civic Arts Plaza, Thousand Oaks;
Camarillo Community Bank, Westlake Village.
Member of Ventura County Art Council.
Exhibition and art workshops, grand opening of the Hillcrest Center, Thousand Oaks CA.
Group exhibition “Reflections” at Civic Arts Plaza Thousand Oaks CA.
Member of the Chicago Windy City Artists. National competition and group exhibition “Vision 99” at Zarem/Golde Art Technical Institute, Chicago IL.
International competition and group exhibition ”One Hundred Sacred Visions” (the spiritual in contemporary art) at the Austellung, Payerbach, Austria.
CSU Northridge Art Education students’ group performance “Decade of 1959-1969, in USA” held at CSU Northridge, CA.
2004 – 2005 “The Iwano Project V” international group art project.
2008-2010 Artoteque.com - First International Online Exhibition Biennial.
2005-Annually CSUN Invitational Exhibition for Students and Teachers, Northridge, CA.
2013- Thousand Oaks Art Association Membership Show, Thousand Oaks, CA.
2015 - Artavita, 16th Online Competition. Certificate of Excellence.
- Viridian Artists Inc. Gallery's 27th International Juried Exhibition, NYC, NY.
- Figure One Gallery, Group Expo University of Urbana - Champaign, Department of Art/Design Art Ed Micro Residence, IL.
- The Hive Gallery & Studios, “Equilibrium Rites”/”Honey and Venom”/”Cosmic Union”, Los Angeles, CA.
- 47th National River Road Show, Louisiana State Archives Building, Baton Rouge, LA.
- Art Kudos, 2016 International Juried Art Competition and Exhibition (online only).
-Seyhoun Gallery's Exhibit, "Unconscious Mind in Action", Los Angeles, CA
- California Art League's Exhibit, "Spirits of the Night", CAL's 2016 Gold Medal Exhibit, Los Angeles, CA
- Pirate Contemporary Art Gallery Juried National Exhibition, Denver, CO.
- 16th Annual Juried Open Exhibition, at Topanga Canyon Gallery, Topanga, CA
- Watercolor Art Society-Houston's 2017 International Watercolor Exhibition, at WAS-H Gallery, Houston, TX.
- NEXT Gallery’s National Juried Show “Next Up”, Denver, CO.
- Brownsville Museum of Art 45th International Art Show, Brownsville, TX.
- LAAA's (Los Angeles Art Association) 2017 Benefit Auction, LA, CA.
- Las Laguna Gallery's All Media, show "Spectacular", Laguna Beach, CA.
-ISEA, 26th Annual International Society of Experimental Artists, Sanibel, FL.
-Pittsburgh Watercolor Society's "Aqueous", 71st Annual International Exhibition, Pittsburgh, PA
- New Member Group Show - Accepted as an Artist Member to TAG Gallery, Los Angeles, CA
- Viridian Artists Inc. Gallery's Director's Choice Show, NYC, NY.
Nela V. Steric is a member of
- Los Angeles Art Association (since 2016)
- California Art League.
Her works are in many private collections nationwide.
Her works are published in the Winter 2016-17 edition of Studio Visit Magazine.